Loafers are a versatile shoe that can be dressed up or down, making them a great choice for any occasion. In this article, we’ll break down the different types of loafers and how to style them. Black and brown loafers are especially versatile and can be worn with almost anything. So whether you’re dressing for work or going out for drinks with friends, don’t forget to slip on a pair of stylish loafers.
Types of loafers:
Lug-sole loafers offer a great combination of comfort, practicality, and style. They’re easy to walk in and go well with a wide range of clothing, from jeans to denim skirts. If you’re looking for something a little more edgy, lug sole loafers are the perfect way to add some contrast to your look.
Nothing beats the timeless style of a good pair of platform loafers. You can find them in a variety of heel heights to suit your needs.
This season is all about embracing modern, square-toe loafers. The sharp toebox has that clean, minimal aesthetic that we love—and feels effortlessly cool when styled with an oversized white button-up and rigid denim.
Backless loafers are the perfect slip-on shoe for those who appreciate both comfort and style. They are effortlessly chic yet comfortable, making them ideal for a variety of looks – from casual jeans to maxi skirts. No matter what your style, backless loafers are sure to elevate your look!
Mules are a type of shoe that have no back or heel. They have been around for centuries and were once only seen as house shoes or slippers. Nowadays, mules are becoming more and more popular as a footwear choice for everyday wear. Mules are comfortable and easy to wear, and they can be dressed up or down.
Horsebit loafers are a type of loafer typically characterized by a metal horsebit detail across the front of the shoe. horsebit loafers have been around for centuries and continue to be worn as a fashion statement for both men and women. While the style of horsebit loafers has changed over the years, the basic silhouette remains the same. horsebit loafers are typically made from leather and can be dressy or casual, depending on the style.
If you’re someone who sticks to the classics, the penny loafer may be the shoe for you. Recognizable by the horizontal leather strap that runs over the middle of the shoe with a small insert just large enough to fit a penny, this classic loafer style typically features a slip-on shoe design. We recommend wearing these with crew socks and a mini dress for a trendy and comfortable look.
The tassel loafer has been around for a long time, and is just as important of a closet staple as the penny loafer. With a touch more flare, the tassel loafer can add a bit of personality to any outfit. Whether dressing up or dressing down, the tassel loafer is a versatile shoe that every fashion-savvy individual should have in their closet.
How to style loafers:
- Leather leggings are a great option if you want to add an edgy touch to your look. They can be easily styled with a pair of loafers for a simple and comfortable look. For example, you could wear a pair of nude leather leggings with a trench coat and a pair of white loafers. Black leather leggings tend to be more attention-grabbing because they appear shinier, but you could opt for a more subtle look by choosing brown or nude leather leggings instead.
- Casual loafers are a great choice for summer weather, and capris are the perfect type of trousers to pair with them. Capris are slim-fitting pants that typically end just before the ankle, creating a visual separation between the shoes and the pants. You can wear them without socks for a more casual feel, alternatively you can cuff your regular-length pants and jeans to achieve a similar look.
- The oversized blazer is a stylish and cool staple that can be worn in a variety of ways. Loafers are a great choice to pair with an oversized blazer because they are both stylish and comfortable. For a business casual look, pair the blazer with dressy ankle-length pants. For a dressier look, pair the blazer with a mini dress. To add a preppy vibe, pair the loafers with black socks, mesh socks, or white dress socks.
- If you’re looking for a comfortable and stylish winter outfit, try pairing a turtleneck or oversized sweater with a pair of neutral loafers. To keep warm, add a leather jacket or long coat for a layered look. This outfit is perfect for running errands, meeting friends for coffee, or spending a day exploring.
- Jeans are a clothing staple that are generally comfortable and versatile. Ankle-cut jeans create a visual separation between the shoe and the jeans, making the outfit look more put together. For a great casual look, try pairing your light wash blue jeans with a pair of black loafers and a casual top. You can choose to wear this look with a simple white shirt or a dressy blouse for a chic look, or something more personable like a graphic tee, if you prefer looser styles such as mom jeans or a boyfriend cut to give relaxed denim extra polish and finish with your best t-shirt and a blazer for a pulled-together look.
- Spring is the perfect time to break out the long dresses! They are perfect for creating a laid-back chic look. Pair your long dress with loafers for an easy, effortless look. Simply choose a light-coloured midi dress and pair it with some beige or cream loafers. This will help to keep the focus on the simplicity of the long dress.
- One of the most stylish looks you can put together is a long coat paired with loafers. It’s a classic winter and spring look that always looks fashionable. To dress up your look for a formal event or dinner party, try wearing your dress loafers with a pair of leather pants. This can be either an upscale look or a daytime outfit, depending on the top that you choose to wear with it.
In conclusion, loafers are a versatile and stylish shoe option. They can be dressy or casual, and come in a wide range of materials, colors, and sizes to suit any occasion. If you’re unsure of which style to choose, the above guide will assist you in finding the perfect pair of loafers for your needs.